Thursday, October 1, 2009

You MUST Leave Your Hat On! - Interview Laura Kranitz







Fearless and free, hair accessory designer Laura Kranitz continues to thrill us with her bold feather pieces. They add instant glamour and a splash of sass to those bold enough to wear them. Lady Kranitz offered us a sneak peek into the mind that makes it all happen with this fun interview.




What did you want to be when you were little? What would you like to be if you weren't a designer?
I wanted to be a fashion designer when I was young. If I was not a designer today, I would most definitely want to be a judge for a chili tasting contest or a marine biologist.



How did you get started in this business?
I have always loved hair accessories. I had dreadlocks when I was younger and use to tie them up into weird shapes and put feathers

and accessories in them. That's kinda where it all started


What goes into the process of designing a headpiece?
I am a very informal designer, I generally don't start off with a specific idea in mind, the whole process in very organic. I get inspired by colors and the materials I have around me.



What is the inspiration for your work?
I am inspired by vintage designers. I love the work of Bes-Ben, Schiaparelli, Paul Poiret, Robert Goossens and vintage YSL. I am also inspired by folk jewelery and accessories.

What's your advice for someone starting their own line or business in the fashion world?
Do something creative every single day, even if you have a day job that doesn't relate to fashion and work very very hard.

What's your favorite animal and why?
My favorite animal is Lola, my lab. But I also think that octopuses are really cool. I know that octopi is the correct terminology, but I hate saying that word so we'll stick with octopuses.

What couldn't you live without?
Coffee, E6000 and the moral support from my family.

When are you happiest?
When I travel, it inspires my work and my life. I am also happiest when spending time with my family and friends.

Where's your favorite place to shop?
Barneys, antique shops and vintage clothing stores. I also love to shop at the different boutiques that carry my work, I have found that they always have a great array of interesting up and coming designers.

Laura Kranitz in America's Next Top Model 09!

All her collection can be found at www.angelicadebiase.com

Photos and Video courtesy of Laura Kranitz.




No comments:

Post a Comment