Monday, September 21, 2009

Manicure and Wagashi not to be missed!

Sakura NYC

Esti's manicure at Sakura - leopard detail degradation nail design

Minamoto Kitchoan NYC

Wagashi

so delicious...



El mes pasado fuimos a NYC en familia... y caminando sin descanso por mi adorada ciudad descubrimos Minamoto Kitchoan... y nunca nada fue igual.
Este es un pequenio pedacito de Japon en plena Manhattan. Cuando te asomas por la vidriera no estas muy segura de que estas viendo... definitivamente es comida, pero es algo distinto, es nuevo. Mejor dicho, nuevo para mi.
Son "Wagashi" o dulces japoneses. Algo asi como para nosotros una panaderia.
El impacto visual del lugar es magico y creanme que todo es delicioso.
Yo estaba con mi Vinny, mi hijo, y nos compramos un Momoaya que es durazno blanco en una gelatina de durazno y otra delicia mas que no recuerdo el nombre, solo se que era una masita de leche condenzada.
De ahi salimos y nos sentamos en el Rockefeller Center cual turistas a saborear nuestros dulces.
Por supuesto, volvimos todos los dias por mas.


En el mismo viaje una amiga me pidio que la acompane a hacerce las manos a Sakura. Me comento que era el mejor lugar para eso y ahi quedo el tema. Yo no pude ir porque no queria ver el destrozo que podia hacer un varon de tres anios.
Pero al llegar a Austin mi amiga, Esti, mando un tweet con su mano pintada por ellos.
Me encanto la coincidencia de la influencia Japonesa en mis dos nuevos stops en NYC!
Por si me faltaban motivos para ir... ha ha.
Pd: Sakura significa Cherry Blossom, el arbol amado por los Japoneses y yo.



Last August we did a family trip to NYC and while walking nonstop in my beloved town we discovered Minamoto Kitchoan. And nothing was ever the same.
Is a piece of Japan in the heart of Manhattan. Once you get closer to the window you are still not sure what it is. You start to get the idea of food but definitely its something new... or new for me at least.
The visual impact of the store is magic and trust me, everything is delicious!!!
They are "Wagashi" Japanese sweets full of natural goodness. Almost no animal fat and the sugar is made from pure carbohydrates and they are totally natural.
So after buying a couple Momoaya (white peach jelly) we sat with Vinny as 'tourists' at the Rockefeller Center.
Of course we came back for more every day until departure!


Same trip different day, a friend of mine asked me to go with her to Sakura for a manicure.
I was with other plans and didn't think that was the place for my 3 years old to enjoy. So I didn't go, but a couple of days ago my dearest friend Esti, the owner of Buydefiniton.com, best e-boutique, posted a photo of her own manicure at Sakura. Definitely I missed something here.
Now I have two more reasons to go back to NY. Well not that I need more...
I loved the Japanese influence in this not to be missed spots.

ps: BTW Sakura means Cherry Blossom


Fondly,
Angie

3 comments:

  1. Yo estuve parada en esa vidriera como media hora! Increible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,

    You never cease to suprise me... Sos una diosa!!! me encanto este blog y lo voy a seguir!!!!!! Besos enormes de Boston....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you were in NYC and did not let me know??? - KEREN

    ReplyDelete